Tuesday, June 22, 2010

d for driver d for dawn

And so, the lovely passed her driving test (which she calls “PT”, for the same intimidating reason) this morning at her 2nd attempt- like I did. Well, I think people like us makes the best drivers on the road; not too yaya (papaya) and not too kuku (baluku?). Laughs.

The darling brought back much memories of my L-Plate days. The way it was when I first sat in the Honda Civic (manual) feeling so lost, when I was unable to cope with the gears, when the engine stalled and I screamed, when the ever-so-cool (he is very stern and fierce) instructor Mao-Ge (毛哥) first soften his tone towards me, when I failed my first TP after striking a curb and when I eventually passed my second attempt confidently with flying colors.

I remember so vividly how it felt on my 19th birthday, when the tester said “Happy Birthday to you, you passed.” One of the best gifts I ever had. Smiles. Since then, I knew I’ll always drive considerately; the license is hard-earned. So darling, I hope you’ll do the same ♥

It’s pretty hard to come to terms with it- that it has been 5 years. Time, indeed wait for no man; but dear heaven above, I am and will always be just a girl so please wait for me =/

Even Xiaohei is turning 3; it still feels like a dream come true, like that 21st birthday of mine when super dad bought it for me, that day when I drove it home and to work with millions of butterflies in my stomach. I can never thank my super dad enough; he’s the greatest hero in every sense, truly.

Apart from all these, lemme share with you something supernatural. There has been a special force that lived in Xiaohei and I am appreciative of this existence. For some reasons, I strongly (in fact, totally) believe in its existence. In fact, I felt it many times. The way it protects Xiaohei & I; and helped us avoided the most unavoidable collisions/accidents.

Last night before Dawn left, I told her to touch where it housed and to sincerely pray to be watched over; today when I passed her test route just 10 minutes before her TP, it was exceptionally clear and peaceful. Alright, I might be sounding a tat too superstitious here but seriously, ever since it came into Xiaohei, all became well…no, in fact- all good.

Another supernatural force that is totally non-superstitious, is gonna happen tonight. Due to the exclusivity (“expensivity”), confidentiality will be maintained at press time. Pictures will be posted (if any were to be taken), so check back here or FB soon.

Okay, here’s something I spotted from today’s ST:


Caption: "A couple using a gravel to smash their wedding ring to symbolise the end of their union during a "divorce ceremony" in Tokyo on Sunday. The gravel has a frog head as frog symbolise change in Japanese culture. PHOTO: REUTERS" (The Straits Times, 22 June 2010)

Doesn’t it make it more heart-breaking to have the ring smashed?

It’s like, crushing whatever the ring once meant. The vows and promises made in the light of love and faith that once intended to bind two persons for their lifetime. Ouch.

To me, separation & divorce should act as a form of realization. An eventual realization of life’s various limitations & change, one’s shortcomings or mutual incompatibility that leads to a decision to no longer be together. It shouldn’t deny all the happiness that has once existed, nor should it shatter all memories both have been though; regardless of the outcome.

Importance is when the vows were made, we believed in it; for just that moment itself is enough to account for whatever the future brings. Afterall, we have to know, that the only thing which will always remain constant is - change.


‘You bought me presents, brought me to places, taught me your phrases and got me through experiences. Withstanding all detriments, thank you, for every good thing you’ve brought to me and done for me ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment